DIY is everywhere. From Home Depot to Pinterest-inspired boards on almost anything, you can do it is the message. Even Nike inspires you with their motto. You’re a dream owner. You can do almost anything, but should you? Chasing your dream is already a full-time gig.
Maybe, you’re on the fence about doing your own marketing. Or, you’re questioning if you have the right person on your team handling these activities. Come on, be honest. Well then, this BLOG’s for you.
“Signs, signs, everywhere are signs.” Yep, it’s hard to ignore. You need help with marketing if you’re seeing the following:
- Your dream isn’t growing fast enough. There are several reasons why this may be happening. Enlisting help can get you to the promised land quickly and efficiently, so you can focus on what you love.
- You’re always behind. Time is of the essence and being first to market is critical. If you miss opportunities, or you aren’t able to connect with your audience in time, it can equate to lost sales.
- There’s too much work for your team. Most small organizations only have a handful, if any associates dedicated to marketing, sales, communications, branding, social media, and the list goes on and on. Adding extra support can help keep your dream on track.
- Your marketing doesn’t best represent your dream. Gosh, that isn’t exactly how you dreamed, but it’ll do in the meantime. At least it’s checked off the list. If you don’t love what you’re putting out into the universe, your dream client probably won’t either. Also, they may not get what you’re trying to say or sell.
- You could better serve your customers. We get it. We’re all here for another purpose, and when you’re serving others and doing what you’re passionate about, that’s when the real chemistry of your dream happens. When you miss an opportunity to best serve your customer, the impact felt can be much deeper.
Benefits of outsourcing marketing you can expect:
- More time. How much time in a typical week are you doing what you love? If you answered not as much as I would like to, then outsourcing can give you and your team critical time back in the day.
- More money. Adding extra headcount can be costly, especially if it’s not needed all the time or at least 40 hours a week. Don’t forget paid time off, benefits, development opportunities, excreta. Plus, with the ability to implement marketing activities that are specific to your needs, more sales and leads will start coming your way.
- Hiring externally allows you to retain a higher caliber of marketing professional and team of experts. There’s a war for top talent, and your dream deserves nothing but the best.
- Perspective. A fresh perspective is truly refreshing. You and your team are living it, breathing it, and dreaming it day in and day out. Being too close to the work that needs to be done can prevent you from seeing what’s closest to you.
- All-access – Get exactly what you need. Maybe you or someone on your team are good at certain activities but need just a little refining or outside input on certain things. You can cherry-pick the activities that are right for your business and leave the rest.
DIY marketing? The choice is yours. Your dream may not be showing any signs that it needs help. Phew. A sigh of relief. And if it does, make sure you set clear goals that can be achieved with the assistance you’ll be getting.
Ready, set, grow!
All my best,