Before launching Sprout Marketing, I curated website copy for many websites I managed. Working under the Compass Group umbrella, all were food and beverage related. First, it was the dining section of the college and university’s page. Then, I focused on vending, office coffee, and foodservice.
Stepping into entrepreneurship, I discovered that many businesses needed help creating a website to reach their goals. It starts with their message and story and organizing content so their ideal audience can easily navigate the site. Then, Donald Miller’s StoryBrand Guide workshop taught me how to effectively write a lead generation website and apply the StoryBrand framework. I also partnered with several agencies to write copy for diverse brands, which gave me experience writing for various industries.
Since then, I’ve written copy for over 40 websites and counting in my business, but I deliver more than website copywriting because brands need more than just website copy. A typical website project that focuses on lead generation includes:
- Developing a website strategy to achieve a business goal
- Benchmarking key competitors
- Identifying a target audience
- Researching keyword phrases and incorporating them into the copy for SEO purposes
- Creating metadata for SEO for each page written
- Determining the site’s navigation, content flow, and a vision for its layout
- Establishing a strategic call to action and placement on the website
Take a peek at some website projects I’ve written copy for and managed. Curious to know if I’ve written copy for a certain industry or type of business; just ask! I’m happy to chat and would love to hear from you.